Thursday, April 7, 2011

Five Favorite Things (of the Moment)

I have decided that taking random photos of packing tape and the mountain of boxes in my garage just really doesn't make for great blog posting. What does, however, is a quick list of my five favorite things of the moment.


1: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond

I downloaded this book on my iPhone for those moments in which I can't wrap my brain around packing or job hunting or house finding anymore. I absolutely LOVE it! Ree's story reminds me of a few times in my life *cough*datingcowboysincollege*cough* and the adjustment it took to get used to their slower paced way of life. (Hell, Mr. Wonderful is a country boy, and I'm STILL trying to slow down enough to match his pace!)

Anyway, this is my favorite read of the moment. So, pick it up.


2: King Ranch Chicken... Or Ranch House Chicken... Or (as Mr. Wonderful calls it) Chicken Enchiladas

I learned how to make it from an ex in college's grandmother. (Yes, he was a cowboy, too.) A few years passed before I made it for my own family, and now it is a once a week treat.

Ingredients

  • 1 (3 pound) chicken, boiled and deboned OR chopped chicken breast
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) package tortilla chips
  • 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C.)
  2. Layer the chips in a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
  3. Combine the tomatoes, chicken soup, mushroom soup and onion. Pour half of mixture over chips. Layer the chicken pieces, half of the cheese and the remaining soup mixture.
  4. Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Top with the remaining cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.
(Photo and instructions from All Recipes)


3: Live a Little, Love a Lot by Kenny Chesney

I've literally been singing this song at the top of my lungs anytime I am in my car. I mean, the lyrics say it all:

"Live a little... Have some fun... Spend some time... Waste it on #1..."

It screams "Mom's Night Out", doesn't? Er... maybe not. But it is still a fun song.

Find out the story behind the song and take a listen here.


4: The OPI Texas Collection

When we finally get moved, I'm treating myself to a pedicure. And I'm thinking that the OPI Texas Collection is it. With cute names like Suzi Loves Cowboys *cough*whichcouldbenamedMamaElleLovesCowboys*cough* how could I pass this up?





5: Cuptakes iPhone App

Cuptakes
is seriously the most must-have iPhone app for girly girls. I LOVE IT! In fact, I've changed my backgrounds on my phone with every single one of my recent moods. (That's A LOT!!!) Right now... zebra print. Yesterday? Green paisley. Tomorrow? Who knows!

What are your favorite things (of the moment)?

No comments:

Post a Comment