1: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond
I downloaded this book on my iPhone for those moments in which I can't wrap my brain around packing or job hunting or house finding anymore. I absolutely LOVE it! Ree's story reminds me of a few times in my life *cough*datingcowboysincollege*cough* and the adjustment it took to get used to their slower paced way of life. (Hell, Mr. Wonderful is a country boy, and I'm STILL trying to slow down enough to match his pace!)
Anyway, this is my favorite read of the moment. So, pick it up.
2: King Ranch Chicken... Or Ranch House Chicken... Or (as Mr. Wonderful calls it) Chicken Enchiladas
I learned how to make it from an ex in college's grandmother. (Yes, he was a cowboy, too.) A few years passed before I made it for my own family, and now it is a once a week treat.
- 1 (3 pound) chicken, boiled and deboned OR chopped chicken breast
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C.)
- Layer the chips in a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Combine the tomatoes, chicken soup, mushroom soup and onion. Pour half of mixture over chips. Layer the chicken pieces, half of the cheese and the remaining soup mixture.
- Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Top with the remaining cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.
3: Live a Little, Love a Lot by Kenny Chesney
I've literally been singing this song at the top of my lungs anytime I am in my car. I mean, the lyrics say it all:
"Live a little... Have some fun... Spend some time... Waste it on #1..."
It screams "Mom's Night Out", doesn't? Er... maybe not. But it is still a fun song.
Find out the story behind the song and take a listen here.
4: The OPI Texas Collection
When we finally get moved, I'm treating myself to a pedicure. And I'm thinking that the OPI Texas Collection is it. With cute names like Suzi Loves Cowboys *cough*whichcouldbenamedMamaElleLovesCowboys*cough* how could I pass this up?
5: Cuptakes iPhone App
Cuptakes is seriously the most must-have iPhone app for girly girls. I LOVE IT! In fact, I've changed my backgrounds on my phone with every single one of my recent moods. (That's A LOT!!!) Right now... zebra print. Yesterday? Green paisley. Tomorrow? Who knows!
What are your favorite things (of the moment)?